Ginger or Marivan Film and Fluid Gel/Malade
Looking for a nice shiny coat for my banana, I thought of fresh ginger, vanilla, and long pepper...
1000 milliliters of water
125 grams of sugar
30 grams of microplaned ginger
1 gram of microplaned long pepper (preferably Javanese)
1 vanilla bean (preferably Indonesian)
10.4 grams of CARRAGEENAN KAPPA
1. Bring all ingredients to a boil, mixing well to ensure dissolution of KAPPA, and allow to infuse covered for 30 minutes
2. Strain out all solids, pressing well to extract all the valuable flavor
3. Reserve half of the gel and pour onto acetate lined sheet trays to desired thickness
(250 grams is a good starting point).
4. Allow to cool, then wrap, and store in refrigerator, or use immediately to wrap your banana.
5. Allow remaining gel to set at room temperature.
6. Dice gel and puree with blender.
7. Reserve gel at ambient temperature. (If it begins to reform to much for your liking, re-mix)
Enjoy the flavors of lime, milk, banana, ginger, vanilla, long pepper with perhaps a mandarin microwave sponge cake?
CARRAGEENAN KAPPA >>